Boiler and Machinery Insurance is an insurance policy that provides coverage for physical damage to and financial loss from equipment breakdown. Boiler and machinery insurance, also called equipment breakdown insurance, covers: (1) the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged equipment, and (2) business losses incurred from the equipment not functioning. This type of insurance can cover a wide range of equipment, including HVAC systems, ovens, boilers and furnaces, refrigeration units, elevators, office equipment, and electrical panels.
This line of insurance like many others is seeing rapid change as technologies within the manufacturing industry have advanced. We are now seeing insurance products designed around the risks associated with emerging technology, such as Equipment and Technology Breakdown Coverage.
Equipment and Technology Breakdown Coverage addresses:
- Microelectronics coverage – for the invisible risks that cause business equipment and machinery with electronic controls to stop functioning
- Cloud computing service interruption coverage – when your cloud service provider experiences an outage due to equipment breakdown
- Service interruption coverage expanded to include data restoration – to include lost data due to equipment breakdown
- Expanded off-premises coverage for business income, extra expense and data restoration associated with mobile equipment – this is a global coverage
- Public relations coverage – when an equipment breakdown poses a risk to a business’s good standing
We hope you have found this blog educational. At the Armstrong Timeshare Association we strive to keep you informed. To receive more information about our association or to request a topic of interest for us to blog, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Join Our Association now, membership is free!
For more information on Boiler Machinery Insurance, contact The Armstrong Company Insurance Consultants.
Armstrong Timeshare Association (License #0I72697)