Having the right kind of business insurance is very important to every business, because you rely on business insurance to protect your assets in the event of a fire, theft or other loss. In 2017, there were over 364,000 commercial fires which caused 2,400 deaths and over 6,600,000,000 of damage. (FEMA Report) Here are some actions you can take that may reduce the severity of a loss if and when a loss does occur.
Safety Checklist for Businesses
This is a good checklist for you to review annually.
- Test smoke detectors monthly
- Check fire doors. They are not permitted to be propped open by wedges or any other temporary device.
- Make sure nonessential electrical equipment is turned off at the end of the workday.
- Are all exits clearly defined and visible?
- Keep exits unlocked during business hours.
- Be sure the area directly around the sprinkler head is free of obstructions. Move any items that are stored within about a foot and a half from the sprinklers.
- Require spills of flammable or combustible liquids and hazardous materials to be cleaned up promptly.
- All exit doors should be able to be opened from the direction of exit travel without the use of a key or any special knowledge or effort.
- Are your staff members familiar with the firefighting equipment of your business?
- Have a safe assembly point for employees outside the building.
Armstrong Timeshare Association (ATA) has been created exclusively for timeshare resorts and HOAs and to assist timeshare resort risk managers and brokers. Our products include comprehensive insurance programs designed specifically for the Timeshare and HOAs industries and the distinct insurance profile for which, often times, basic insurance does not adequately cover. The ATA program includes a property restoration component for major losses assuring minimal downtime and loss mitigation.