There are many things businesses can do to prepare for the impact of the many natural hazards they face including floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes. Developing an emergency preparedness plan is one of the most important strategic decisions you will make as a small business owner.
Your Business Insurance Company May offer Resources
Check with us to determine if your business insurance company has tools and resources to help you. Your business insurance will respond to many hazards and risks that are insured under your policy.
Three Questions to Ask About Your Business
- How vulnerable would your business be if a disaster or other emergency were to occur?
- Do you have a plan to protect your employees and business?
- Have you provided emergency preparedness training to employees?
The American Red Cross offers free tools that may be useful to you: www.readyrating.org
Get Your Business Prepared
- Review your policy with us to make sure you understand the nature of your coverage, the deductibles, and the limits of your insurance.
- Create evacuation and shelter safety procedures.
- Create backup copies of critical data and programs.
- Train your employees annually in emergency preparedness.
- Protect vital business records. Keep your most important documents in a safe that has been tested and listed by UL (Underwriters Laboratories) as being resistant to fire, heat, burglary tools and torches.
- Create an emergency contact list.
- Learn what kind of emergencies might affect your business.
- Decide ahead of time what you can do if your building becomes unusable.
- Make emergency preparedness part of daily procedures and communications.
Thanks to the American Red Cross and U.S. Small Business Administrating for providing some of this information.
We hope you have found this blog educational. At the Armstrong Timeshare Association we strive to keep you informed. To receive more information about our association or to request a topic of interest for us to blog, email: email@example.com
Or Join Our Association now, membership is free!
For information on any insurance need, contact The Armstrong Company Insurance Consultants.
Armstrong Timeshare Association (License #0I72697)